Elena (Yuuka) TaJo is entirely interdependent with:
- Vita TaJo. My daughter's sensitivity and energy continually astonish, nourish, and disrupt me. Motherhood is an awesome teaching.
- Marina Romani. I owe my mother my life. Her artistic sensitivity, as expressed in her poetry, images, and conversation is inspiration itself.
- Alexander Taurke and Vicki Waters. Excellent Father and Stepmother. I appreciate their love and support for each other, and all they do for the tiny but vigorous Democratic community in Florida.
- Alex Taurke, Shannon Carnozo, Francesca, Elijah, Madalena. Dear Brother and Family. Would that I had even half the vitality of this family! Actually, no. I relish the slug that I am and enjoy their power for what it is.
- Steven (GyoJin) Joseph. Partner in life for over 20 years, father of our child, now following his own path, still creating challenges for me to meet. May he find his way.
- Albus Dumbledog. Beloved Creature who comforts us or disturbs us, depending on the circumstances.
- The Village Zendo. Extraordinary teachers. Dedicated students. So much creativity dancing with emptiness, no words can express my gratitude.
- Dance New Amsterdam. Beautiful dancers, old and young, large and small, many different colors, cultures, and languages. Gifted and respectful teachers, especially Oliver Steele, Diane McCarthy, and Max Stone.
- The Barrow Group. Jean Taylor's Clown Class changed my life.
- New York Women in Film and Television. NYWIFT.
- Dance Films Association, especially Zach Morris, teacher and artist of many forms, and Marta Renzi, collaborator extraordinaire.
- The community of friends from Nyack.
- The community of friends from the NYU Doctoral Psychology Program, especially Laura Epstein Rosen, who continues to blossom in new ways; Chrysoula Kasapis, whose steady wisdom is so grounding; Joanna Feinman, whose renegade ways called me to my own strange path; Noah Glassman, whose kind attention is so engaging; and Gil Tunnell, who gave birth to me as a therapist.
- The community of friends from San Francisco back in the day.
- The community of friends from Pacific Grove back in the day, especially the gang in Mr. Luce's Drama Club and the gang at Children's Experimental Theatre.
- Matthew Polis, uber tech whiz kid, sound designer, photographer and an all-around creative force of nature, and father. (more)
- Molly White, musician, a producer, ethnomusicologist and poet. (more) .
- Janet Hamlin, extraordinary artist, creator of the image of Ogre, and mother. (more)
- Irene Ruiz Riveros, dancer, lover of humanity, provocateur, and choreographer.
- Justina Grayman, dancer and investigator.
- Yuko Mitsiushi, dancer, playmate, and healer.
- Marta Renzi, choreographer, curator, organizer, dance video maker, and mother.
- Mayra Casales and Jennifer Mancuso, extraordinary couple. Mothers. Music and Massage.
- C.J Holm, dancer, social action organizer, and improviser.
- Deb Silver, choreographer, observer, and helper.
- Julie Goldberg, writer, social observer, comrade, and mother.
- Enrique Baeza, word artist and Mary Poppins.